What Recovery Solutions are right for your organization or business?
When it comes to contingency services, every business has different needs.
Practical BC / DR starts the process with you! We work with your organization to understand your unique goals and challenges. We analyze your infrastructure and tailor a unique solution that fits your business’s needs. We feel that the best solutions are the most agile solutions. We combine our understanding of your business with our expertise in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
Practical BC / DR’s solutions are designed to be agile enough to work with complex, hybrid systems, and to scale up and down based on your organization’s needs. They are designed to meet your business’s demanding recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTO/RPO).
Our most important object is to provide your business with a practical process to enable you to recover from a disruption. We will work with your staff to develop a solution that will become a part of your normal processes. We are not in the business of providing useless ‘plans’ that are obsolete before they’re published.
- Business Impact Analysis
- Determine what’s critical to the business
- This could be as simple as talking to senior management and staff to determine what is required or as complex as doing a full scale business impact analysis.
- Design and develop contingency plans
- Continuity plans for business units
- Recovery plans for data centers
- Develop required business documentation
- Business Continuity Charter, Policy & processes, if required (or update same)
- Crisis Management team development and training
- Recovery options development
- This could include DR plans for offsite recovery as well as facility BC plans
- Work with staff to outline, develop and implement recovery options
- Integrate recovery options into standard business practices, if possible
- Set up routine testing procedures
- Train staff
- On bringing up an IT DR site and starting/restoring critical applications
- On overall business continuity procedures, tools and maintenance
- Provide training on software tools used for writing and maintaining written plans
- Integrate response and recovery tools into normal business practice
- For instance, emergency mass notification system with capability to be used for individual notifications when someone is out of the office/away from desk/server goes down/etc
- Offsite online data backup using hosted site that can be used for corrupted data base recovery as well as full scale application recovery
- Hot site becomes secondary data center for critical business applications with rollover and lock out capabilities to support upgrade testing and implementation, continuous operations and high availability needs